Have your say on our Position Paper
Late last year we took the first step in our comprehensive consultation process on what the future of Digital Identity could look like in Australia.
Our consultations will help to inform the development of the Trusted Digital Identity Bill. This will expand Australia’s Digital Identity system into a whole-of-economy solution, offering access to state, territory, local government and private sector services.
Phase 2 of our 3-phased comprehensive consultation process is now underway and we’re inviting you to have your say.
We want to establish permanent governance arrangements for the system and enshrine in law a range of consumer protections. It is expected that the legislation will be considered by the Australian Parliament later this year.
We’re now engaging with stakeholders and the public by seeking feedback on the Digital Identity Legislation Position Paper to provide clarity on the following key areas:
- structure of the legislation
- scope of the legislation and interoperability with other systems
- regulatory oversight of the system
- privacy and consumer safeguards
- liability and redress framework
- penalties and enforcement
- administration of charges for the Digital Identity system.
We‘re encouraging anyone who has an interest in Digital Identity to engage on the Position Paper.
Submissions are now closed.