Have your say on Australia's Digital Identity legislation
Consultation on Phase 2 of Australia's Digital Identity legislation is now open and will close at 5:00 pm AEST on 14 July 2021.
Phase 2 of our 3 phased comprehensive consultation process is currently underway and we’re inviting you to have your say.
We’re seeking your feedback on the Digital Identity Legislation Position Paper to develop clear positions on the following key areas:
- structure of the legislation
- scope of the legislation and interoperability with other systems
- regulatory oversight of the system
- privacy and consumer safeguards
- liability and redress framework
- penalties and enforcement
- administration of charges for the Digital Identity system.
All information relating to this public consultation is listed below:
- Digital Identity Legislation Position Paper
- Digital Identity Legislation Position Paper summary
Why make a submission
Your feedback helps us understand how Australians feel about the proposed content of the legislation that will likely be named the Trusted Digital Identity Bill. We'll use this feedback to inform the development of the legislation and this will ensure that the legislation meets the needs and expectations of the community.
How to make a submission
You can have your say by completing the short submission form and using the upload function at the end of the survey.
- We encourage you to make your submission in Word for accessibility reasons. We will also accept other document formats, including PDFs.
- While there are no restrictions on the content of your submission, please refer to the headings and ideas in the Position Paper as much as possible.
- Completing the online submission should take around 5 minutes. Ensure you have your submission document ready to upload before you begin.
Submissions close at 5:00 pm AEST on 14 July 2021.