Create your Digital Identity
When you’re ready, simply choose an accredited organisation to create your Digital Identity.
Currently, you can create a Digital Identity to access government services using the Australian Government’s myGovID. Soon, you will be able to create a Digital Identity to access government services using other identity providers.
To get started you will need to:
- be at least 15 years old
- have an email address or mobile phone number that only you use
- have a smartphone or smart device
- download the myGovID app
- prepare documents that help prove who you are such as your passport, driver’s licence, birth certificate or Medicare card.
- choose which identity strength you want to set up. The online service you want to access determines the minimum identity strength you'll need.
To create your Digital Identity, you will need to visit the myGovID website.
Manage your Digital Identity
Digital Identity is designed to give you control. You can manage some aspects of your Digital Identity on your identity app, and others you can manage through this website.
Managing access and security settings
You can manage security and access for your Digital Identity within your identity app. For example, you can:
- change your PIN or password
- view or update your identity documents
- enable Face ID if your smart device has this feature
- view what services are linked with your Digital Identity.
To manage these settings, open myGovID on your mobile device.
For further help, visit the myGovID help page.
Managing history and consent
You can use this website to view history and manage consent settings for your Digital Identity. You can:
- see when your Digital Identity has been used
- remove your ongoing consent to share your details when proving who you are to a specific service.
Note that if you remove your ongoing consent for a service, you will be asked to provide consent each time you need to prove who you are to that service.